The code of conduct, as envisage underneath is the summary of what every student of Modern International School is expected to follow:
1. Punctuality and regularity in attendance are essential.
2. Students who come to school late or have been absent the previous day must bring a letter of explanation without fail. In case of illness, a medical certificate should also be sent.
3. Students are strictly forbidden to leave the school premises during regular school hours.
4. Students may be required to take part in various school activities and when required to do so, participation will be deemed compulsory.
5. Students must come to school in neatly laundered uniform and polished shoes. Hair should be trimmed and nails must be cut regularly. Trinkets, jewellery, etc. should not be worn to school.
6. Pupils are forbidden to carry objectionable literature or expensive items to school. The school does not take responsibility for lost articles, money, etc.
7. Respect for school property and school belonging is an absolute must. Any intentional damage to any school belongings is a severe violation of the code of conduct and makes the student liable for a replacement for the damaged piece.
8. Students are not allowed to leave the class without the permission of the teacher. While moving in between the classes in the corridors, students should move in such a way that no class is disturbed. Students should be orderly and quiet and not hurt anybody while using the staircase.
9. A vigilant outlook should be maintained towards keeping the surroundings clean. Any waste paper should be picked up and thrown into the dustbin.
All safety norms must be followed while traveling on the school bus.
10. Students required to attend the assembly and expected to join the singing of devotional and patriotic songs.
11. Children should not bring crackers, mobiles, colors, transistors walkman, etc. to school. Unless formally celebrated, bursting of crackers and playing with colors will lead to expulsion from school.
12. It is compulsory for all children to converse in English as the CBSE syllabus stresses all student’s competence to speak confidently and naturally in English. A student must speak in a decent language all the time. He must ensure that his speech is courteous and polite.
13. Buying eatables from street vendors is strictly forbidden.
14. No child is allowed to bring gifts of any kind for distribution in school.
15. Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, neglect of home works disobedience and disrespect towards a member of staff or bad moral influence justify dismissal of a student.
16. Any communication sent from the school be conveyed to the parents promptly. Parents must meet the teachers by prior appointment.
17. While writing any examination every scholar should do so with utmost honesty. Recourse to any use of unfair means will be viewed seriously.
18. A student must extend due courtesy and respect to all members of the staff. Respect for elders and affection for the juniors should be soundly included. Refinement in behavior should distinguish every pupil of the school. Every child is expected to uphold the name and honor the school.
19. Late coming-In a month if a child comes late (after the school bell) for the first time a remark will be written on the special page given in the School Diary which will be signed by the parents. On the second late coming to a warning will be given to the child and on their ward back home.
20. School Bus-Children who are traveling on the school bus will not be allowed to go back home with parents/guardians during school hours or when the school gets over. In case of an emergency, prior approval needs to be taken for the same.
21. A sick child should not be sent to school even if there is a test/exam. Children suffering from infectious diseases should not be sent to school.